Crosscut Mountain Sports Center (CMSC) provides year-round recreation, sports training, and outdoor education opportunities for everyone through our simple yet exceptional facilities and trails. CMSC is now welcoming applications for a full time assistant biathlon coach. The purpose of this position is to assist current coaching staff in the workload associated with running an Elite/Development Team. In 2020/21, Crosscut ran Nordic programming for over 60 local athletes and received 15 invitations for international competitions.
This position will work directly with international level development biathletes. Responsibilities include: communication with Crosscut staff and athletes, development of year/weekly training plans including physical training, testing, assessment, strength, range sessions, holding regular office hours, planning and staffing camps and competitions, organizing travel and equipment needs in conjunction with other Crosscut staff.
The position is year round and full-time. The position requires some travel and a flexible schedule, as some training sessions will be early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Job Standards and Experience:
Support Crosscut biathlon programming and foster a learning environment that is welcoming and open to students of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ski waxing experience
- Experience interacting with a diverse constituency using excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Transportation to and from Crosscut
- Preferred Experience:
- Collegiate or higher level racing experience
- Ability to work well in groups and with people different from yourself
- Experience working with adaptive athletes
- Proficiency with ski technique
- Proficiency with shooting technique
- Strong foundational knowledge of training and physiological principles
- Comfortable with travel logistics
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must be comfortable teaching and supervising groups of 5-10 students.
- Must be comfortable outdoors in the winter in variable weather conditions.
- Must attend staff training and risk management training.
- Have a minimum of Basic First Aid /CPR certification and willingness to get WFR certified (paid for by Crosscut).
- Be able to pass a background check.
This position may require the employee to perform responsibilities in adverse conditions (such as in the cold, or while sitting or standing or moving for prolonged periods). This employee will occasionally be required to carry out physically demanding work (shoveling snow, lifting loads, climbing ladders, skiing trails, responding to emergencies, etc.), if the employee does not feel comfortable with accomplishing these tasks safely, they are expected to seek assistance.
Employee Information and Benefits:
- Season pass ski privileges at Crosscut Mountain Sports Center for yourself and family, and discount for the whole family on lessons, classes, clinics, camps.
- A great working environment nestled in the beautiful Bridger Mountains.
- Monthly stipend towards health insurance and dental insurance
- Eligible to participate in retirement savings plan that has a 3% match
- Eligible for accident insurance
- Yearly stipend toward Crosscut branded gear each year and access to pro deals
- Use of rental gear when available
- Opportunity for an in-house WFR/CPR training
Applicants will be selected by a hiring committee. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/15. Please include “Your Name” and “Assistant Coach Application” in the subject line of your email.
As an equal-opportunity employer, Crosscut Mountain Sports Center is committed to being inclusive in our hiring practices. Crosscut does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or age.